Terms and Conditions
In these terms and conditions of sale:
‘The Customer’ means the person whose offer for products is accepted by The Seller
‘The Seller’ means Vigilant Plc
‘Products’ mean any product or service offered for sale by The Seller or its agents
‘The Reader’ means any person that reads this website, in part or complete or who gains access to any information contained within this website, regardless of whether they place or intend to place an order for the products offered for sale within this website or not.
1. All prices, products and service content are subject to change without prior notification.
2. The price that you pay for a car service may vary by geographical location. For bookings inside the M25, Vigilant reserve the right to levy a £20 surcharge on the cost of any Annual or Major Service.
3. Discounts are subject to proof of membership/discount offer when booking and paying for the product. An offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer, discount or promotion.
4. Annual and Major Service charges
a. An upgrade charge of £22 is applicable to vehicles requiring special or fully synthetic oils. If the ‘Fully Synthetic Oil Upgrade’ product is not selected at the time of booking, but is required, the charge will be applied at the centre and charged by Vigilant using the payment method offered at the initial booking.
b. A surcharge will be added for any engine sizes identified at booking as being in excess of 2800cc. The amount of the surcharge will be discussed and agreed before payment is made.
c. Combo MOT and Service are considered an offer as the price of the MOT/Service is reduced to give the package price so any other discounts cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer.
d. Any MOT discounted promotion is from the DVSA fee of £54.85. The Customer is liable to pay the discounted price plus any other extra costs needed to pass the test due to MOT failure. The discount only applies to class 4 vehicles as determined by DVSA and excludes all other forms of transport including large vans, motorbikes, motor homes and three wheeled vehicles.
e. If your vehicle fails an MOT test, then it must be repaired and retested prior to a valid certificate being issued, in accordance with DVSA guidelines:-
f. Where a vehicle fails the MOT and is left with the testing station to repair, no retest fee is chargeable.
g. If the vehicle fails the MOT test and is removed from the testing station the full fee (currently £54.85) is chargeable. If the vehicle is returned for repairs and retesting, within 3 working days, the original offer MOT price will prevail.
h. If the vehicle is removed from the centre and presented back within 10 working days then a retest needs be undertaken for which a full fee is charged, unless directed by Vigilant Plc.
i. In all other cases a full MOT test is required and will be charged at the prevailing rate.
j. If your vehicle fails a retest then the vehicle will have to have a full MOT test when presented again.
k. If your vehicle fails the MOT test and you wish to appeal against it you should ask the MOT testing station for a VT17 form. If your appeal is successful the fee or part of it will be returned, but you should not have your vehicle repaired before the appeal is considered as any change may affect the outcome of the appeal.
5. Vigilant Plc has the right to cancel bookings or change any booking date.
6. When booking, the following lead times will apply:
a. MOT – 2 working days
b. Service – 3 working days
c. Once your booking request has been received by The Seller, you will receive an email confirmation of the booking and payment.
d. A valid email address must be submitted for all bookings.
e. You must take a printout or evidence of your payment when arriving for your booking to speed up administration.
7. An invoice will be supplied upon completion of the work. There may be additional costs if additional work has been undertaken and this must be paid to Vigilant Plc on the day/time of collection of the vehicle.
8. Booked work is valid for the registered vehicle booked only and cannot be transferred.
9. All bookings are subject to stock availability Where the product or service booked is not available we reserve the right to suggest alternative, suitable products as a substitute
10. If you need to amend your booking prior to arriving you must notify Vigilant Plc of this, at least two working days prior to the appointment date. Vigilant reserve the right to charge an administration fee should the necessary notice period not be given.
11. To cancel a booking, you must email Vigilant Plc and the cancellation must be acknowledged, by Vigilant Plc, as being received before the appointment date. We regret that refunds can not be given after this time.
12. In completing the refund form you need to provide the following information:
a. Your full name
b. Email Address
c. Contact Telephone number
d. Refund Requests
e. Refund requests are processed centrally and they will take up to 5 working days to be processed.
f. Refunds must be refunded to the original payment card provided for the original transaction.
13. Prices include all applicable VAT unless otherwise stated.
14. All parts supplied and fitted are guaranteed for either 12 months or 12,000 miles (whichever is sooner) whilst the car remains in ownership of the bill payer.
a. If a part we have fitted should fail it can be replaced/repaired at any Vigilant Plc designated service centre
b. The guarantee only covers parts and labour cost. Excluded from this guarantee are any costs incurred due to the failure.
c. This guarantee excludes Taxis, Private Hire and Rental Cars
15. EU legislation has changed the way cars may be serviced and repaired and gives motorists a lot more freedom in their decision as to who should look after their cars. Motorists can use Non-main Dealer centres to service their cars without invalidating the manufacturer’s warranty.
16. Vigilant Plc Menu service schedules generally exceed most manufacturers’ service schedules with up to 70+ checks and will conform to manufacturer/Autodata/ICME labour times.
17. It is The Customers responsibility to inform The Seller when their vehicle’s cambelt requires replacement. The Seller shall not be held responsible for any damage or injury that may occur as a result of the failure of The Customer to notify The Seller in writing that the cambelt is due for replacement on the vehicle being worked on.
18. In any event we will always stamp your service book after completing any type of service schedule. Our customers must satisfy themselves that the menu service or other service meets the requirements of their specific vehicle warranty requirements.
19. Vigilant Plc reserves the right to make an additional charge for specialist parts, items or labour time required to complete a service outside of the detailed service items
20. This offer is valid for retail customers only and not trade or commercial.
21. Vigilant Plc takes your privacy seriously and information will be used in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. To better protect your privacy we provide this notice explaining our online information practices and the choices you can make about the way your information is collected and used.
22. All contracts of sale are accepted by The Seller subject to these terms and conditions to the exclusion of all other terms and conditions specified by The Customer. Acceptance is conditional upon the availability of the Products and fitting capacity, at the sole discretion of The Seller. The placing of an order request using Vigilant Plc’s website shall constitute acceptance by The Customer of these terms and conditions.
23. We retain the right to refuse to accept your booking and/ or order solely at our discretion. If we are concerned that you are attempting to place an order dishonestly, fraudulently, by impersonating someone else or are attempting to use payment details which have been stolen we will make additional checks as to your standing and if appropriate involve external authorities.
24. All pricing on this site is in pounds sterling. Our pricing is inclusive of UK Value Added Tax. Offers are for retail customers only.
25. All prices quoted on The Seller’s website, in brochures, price lists, correspondence, advertisements or promotional literature are subject to confirmation at the time the order is accepted.
26. The Seller shall debit The Customer’s credit/debit card with payment in full for the Products and applicable Value Added Tax on or after the date of the acceptance of The Customer’s Order;
27. The Customer shall be obliged to pay the price of the Products on the date of The Customer’s Order;
28. The time of payment of the price shall be of the essence of the Contract;
29. Receipts for payment will be issued.
30. If The Customer fails to make any payment by the relevant due date or if payment is declined or not authorised by the issuer of The Customer’s credit/debit card when processed by The Seller then, without prejudice to any other right or remedy available to The Seller, The Seller shall be entitled to cancel the contract.
31. The Customer understands that it is illegal to purchase goods or services with a debit or credit card and then to attempt to stop or delay payment after having received the goods or services. The Seller reserves the right to prosecute perpetrators to the fullest extent of the law.
32. The Seller reserves the right to make an additional charge of 3% of the total value of any order, paid for by credit card. This additional charge is not applicable to orders paid for by debit cards.
33. Any dates quoted or times for delivery and/or fitting of the Products are approximate only and not guaranteed and The Seller shall not be liable for any delay in delivery and/or fitting of the Products howsoever caused.
34. The Seller will not be liable for any economic losses arising in any manner whatsoever out of or in any way connected with any delays to or complications encountered fulfilling any Order Confirmations issued by it, provided that nothing in these terms limits or excludes The Seller’s liability for death or personal injury caused by its proven negligence.
35. In the event of cancellation of an order or part there of:
a. The Seller reserves the right to make an administration charge and to pass on any cost incurred by The Seller to the Purchaser.
b. The Customer accepts sole responsibility for any damage or injury that may occur as a result of the cancellation of any goods or services.
36. Notwithstanding delivery and the passing of risk in the Products, or any other provision of these Conditions, the title to and in the Products shall not pass to The Customer until all sums due by The Customer to The Seller (including any applicable interest and charges) have been paid in full.
37. Until such time as the property in the Products passes to The Customer, The Seller shall be entitled at any time to require The Customer to deliver up the Products to The Seller and, if The Customer fails to do so forthwith, to enter upon any premises of The Customer or any third party where the Products are stored and repossess the Products. The Customer shall be obliged to assist and allow The Seller to repossess the Products.
38. The Seller shall be under no liability in respect of any defect in the Products arising from fair wear and tear, willful damage, negligence, abnormal working conditions, failure to follow The Seller’s instructions (whether oral or in writing) or misuse or alteration or repair of the Products without The Seller’s approval.
39. Save as expressly provided in these Conditions, all warranties, conditions or other terms implied by statute or Common Law are excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law.
40. Except in respect of death or personal injury caused by The Seller’s negligence, The Seller shall not be liable to The Customer by reason of any representation (unless fraudulent), or any implied warranty, condition or other term, or any duty at common law, or under the express terms of the Contract, for any indirect, special or consequential loss or damage (whether for loss of profit or otherwise), costs, expenses or other claims for compensation whatsoever (whether caused by the negligence of The Seller, its employees or agents or otherwise) which arise out of or in connection with the supply or fitting of the Products or their use or resale by The Customer, and the entire liability of The Seller under or in connection with the Contract shall not exceed the price of the Products, except as expressly provided in these Conditions.
41. The Seller shall not be liable to The Customer or be deemed to be in breach of the Contract by reason of any delay in performing, or any failure to perform, any of The Seller’s obligations in relation to the Products, if the delay or failure was due to any Force Majeure or other cause beyond The Seller’s reasonable control.
42. The Seller reserves the right to update, change and/or amend the terms and conditions contained in this site without prior notice.
43. All content provided on this website is for information purposes only and does not in any manner create a legal contract express or implied between The Seller and The Customer except only when agreed by The Seller in relation to an order of Products made through this website which is accepted by The Seller.
44. Without limiting the foregoing, the information, software, Products and services published on this website may include inaccuracies or typographical errors. Changes are periodically made to the information herin. The Seller and/or its respective suppliers may make improvements and /or changes in this website at any time. The Seller and/or its suppliers make no representations about the suitability of the information, software, Products and services contained on this website for any purpose.
45. All information, software, Products, services and materials including text and graphics are provided as is without warranty of any kind. To the extent permitted by law, The Seller and/or its respective suppliers hereby disclaim all warranties and conditions with regard to such information, software, Products and services including all implied warranties and conditions of fitness for a particular purpose, title and non-infringement.
46. The Seller does not warrant that the information available via this site is accurate, complete or current.
47. In no event shall The Seller and/or its suppliers be liable for any of the following losses or damage (whether such damage or losses were foreseen, foreseeable, known or otherwise): (a) loss of data; (b) loss of revenue or anticipated profits; (c) loss of business; (d) loss of opportunity; (e) loss of goodwill or injury to reputation; (f) losses suffered by third parties: or (g) any direct, indirect, punitive, incidental, special exemplary or consequential damages arising out of or in any way connected with the use of this website or with the delay or inability to use this website, for any information, obtained through this website, or otherwise arising out of the use of this website, whether based on contact, tort or strict liability or otherwise provided that none of the forgoing and/or nothing in terms limits or excludes The Seller’s liability for death or personal injury caused by its proven negligence.
48. The Reader warrants to The Seller that they will not use this website or any information contained with in this website for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these terms, conditions, and notices. It is always recommended for the Reader to run anti-virus program on all material downloaded from the internet.
49. ‘Force Majeure’ means any Act of God, flood, fires, , flood, tempest, lightning strike, fire, accident, insurrection or riots, terrorist attacks, explosion, war or threat of war, sabotage, civil disturbance or requisition, acts, restrictions, regulations, bye laws, prohibitions or measures of any kind on the part of any governmental, parliamentary or local authority, import or export regulations or embargoes, shortage of supply of or failure of the relevant third party supplier to supply, materials required for the supply of the Services or any part of them, strikes, lock outs or other industrial actions or trade disputes (whether involving employees of The Seller or of a third-party), third party industrial action (the Defaulting Party having taken all reasonable steps to mitigate the effects of such third party industrial action), difficulties in obtaining raw materials, labour, fuel, parts or machinery or power failure or breakdown in machinery, act or omission of Government or any other party for whom the Defaulting Party is not responsible (“Event of Force Majeure”). This clause shall not apply to any delay or failure of The Seller in paying the Price.
50. The Seller may perform any of its obligations or exercise any of its rights hereunder by itself or where applicable through any other persons (legal or otherwise) or entities.
51. Any notice required or permitted to be given by either party to the other under these Conditions shall be in Writing addressed to that other party at its registered office or principal place of business or such other address as may at the relevant time have been notified pursuant to this provision to the party giving the notice.
52. No waiver by The Seller of any breach of the Contract by The Customer shall be considered as a waiver of any subsequent breach of the same or any other provision.
53. If any provision of these Conditions is held by any competent authority to be invalid or unenforceable in whole or in part the validity of the other provisions of these Conditions and the remainder of the provision in question shall not be affected.
54. The Contract and these Conditions shall constitute the entire agreement between The Customer and The Seller in respect of the supply of the Products and shall supersede all previous oral or written representations or agreements relating thereto. In particular, The Customer may not rely on any statements made by any employee, representative or agent of The Seller.
55. The Seller may assign the Contract with The Customer or sub-contract the whole, or any part thereof to any other person (legal or otherwise) or entity. Unless otherwise agreed in Writing, The Customer may not assign either the benefit or the burden of any contract with The Seller.
56. All contracts of sale are accepted by The Seller, subject to these terms and conditions, to the exclusion of all other terms and conditions specified by the Purchaser. Acceptance is conditional upon the verification by The Seller of any information supplied by the Purchaser to The Seller, the outcome of security vetting, the availability of the Products and fitting capacity, at the sole discretion of The Seller. Acceptance of the delivery of the Products constitutes acceptance of these terms and conditions.
57. All queries will be dealt with at the original fitting location. It is the responsibility of the Purchaser to return the vehicle to the original fitting location for this purpose.
58. These terms and conditions shall be governed in accordance with English Law.